Eye on Monday: The Hunt for the Egg (video)

This site has been offering columns worthy of the Pulitzer Prize in Commentary since November 11, 2oo7.  That’s 11-11 in the event you’re scoring at home.  Most recently, audio satires arrived in the form of The Farmland Almanac with Harrison Beillor and the Gabriel Theatre on the Air.  Today brings a new day for both this website and Eye on Monday:  Video.

All of us on the CG staff – and I’ve lost count how many there are – were certain the first video offering would involve Nikos from Paxos.  His triumphant arrival in his adopted country of Wisconsin, after the State Department finally agreed to let him in (conditionally), was hailed by media members across the globe.  Lisette Bruyere, the brilliant columnist from Belgium’s leading tabloid, Le fait de Faucher de Bruxelles (The Snitch of Brussels), said “The fact the lunatic Americans kept Nikos out simply because of his incident with the two goats waiting for the ferry to Corfu was ridiculous.  I’m thrilled for Nikos.  Wisconsin is the perfect country for him.”  With that in mind, surely the premiere video would feature Nikos. But, alas, it was not to be.

Yesterday was Easter.  And in the Upper Midwest an Easter Egg Hunt – or as we call it, The Hunt for the Egg – is serious business.  Step aside Nikos.  What follows is 61 seconds of compelling drama that spells out in no uncertain terms my approach to an Easter Egg Hunt.  My assistant: CGabriel Media’s Press Secretary, Cadence.  Without her, this column is nothing.

Filed Under: Christopher Gabrielhumorvideo

Tags:

1. Mrs Green says:

What ever is your country coming to when the cute Easter bunny, cunningly disguised as an even-cuter human girl, starts STEALING the eggs?

Looking forward to the full, 90 minute, action-packed, edge-of-your-seat thriller version soon …

2. More videos, please!!!
    Love Cadence’s boots!

Mrs. Green, so nice of you to stop by – as Green is my favorite color, my wife’s terrific blog is My Green Side and you have a sensational website, Little Green Blog, I’m just going to go ahead and send you the key to Blog Harbor.

The 90 mniute, action-packed, edge-of-your-seat thriller you alluded to is coming. All I can say about it: 30-foot tall guinea hens.

That was one of the rare times during the day Cadence decided to wear her boots on the correct feet. Honestly, if they had a pair of those in my size… I’m just sayin.’

At first it was Blog Harbor’s literary genius that drew me in. Then came hysterical audio entertainment. Now it offers unparallelled excitement in the form of the video blog, featuring one of the adorable greek goddesses. It just gets better and better!

6. Liz Strauss says:

I’m thinking you need a little more practice on your egg hunt game. I’m just sayin’ heh heh

Great video! Thanks for sharing!

Hi Liz,

Wonderful to have you venture up the highway to Blog Harbor! You’re right about needing a bit more practice on the egg hunt…I’ve started training this morning for next year. :-)

Terri, always great to see you here… And make no mistake about Baby Greek Goddess: She cracks the whip! “Go here…over there…DADDY, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO…MINE, MINE…Daddy, would you throw a steak on the grill for me…”

That kind of stuff. :-)

9. Adam says:

Got home from a long weekend without internet and was excited to see this sitting in my E-mail box! Video! It just keeps getting better and better!

Thanks for sharing, this was great!

10. Paul Hassing says:

Grass. Trees. Space. Infant. Supporter (Wife?). Blue Sky. Time Off. Your life doesn’t look too bad from this end of the telescope! P. :)

When I saw the email, I knew it had to be something exciting. I’m proud to say that I was not let down. She’s adorable. She also made it pretty obvious that she didn’t have time for your pep rally; there were eggs to be had. Ya know… priorities.

Adam, great to have you venture in from the Land of Twilight Earth. Please, stop by anytime!

Hey Paul,

We were near the St. Croix Valley region of Wisonsin. The farm: Organic. The infant: Rented……of course I kid…..though that child is a taskmaster! She’s a perfectionist…could you tell? :-)

14. [...] Easter Egg Hunt the Video (a satire) can be viewed at The Greek’s blog, Blog Harbor. Want to see more photos? These are some of my favorite places to visit: Photo Sunday at Twilight Earth Friday Photography at True to Words Twin Cities Photo Blog Photo Terri MyGreenSide on Twitter [...]

15. oscarstavern says:

Looks like a lot of fun even IF the goddess did all the work!

16. Mick and I just watched this amazing footage. Your command of the issues and follow up with Cadence were compelling and exemplary. (Plus, little girls don’t come any cuter.) But the bigger question is this: Will you be taking your daughters to the batting cage???

Jennifer, I’ll definitely be taking the girls to the batting cage…and will then have a long, long cell phone call that I simply must take…which certainly will take precedence over actually stepping into the cage….for more disastrous results. :-)