Eye on Monday: Blog Harbor Adjusts to the Economy (video)

As our economy is in a downturn, Blog Harbor has found it necessary to reduce operating costs.

Filed Under: Christopher GabrielhumorMedia

Oh, come on! I was hoping to see you try to get inside the little play house….errr…. I mean…. “office.”

2. Adam Shake says:

This is great! I like your diggs. I’ll trade you!

3. Fabulous digs, who is your architect? Your staff seem to have a little more free time than they should, you might want to put someone on that.

“Little play house?” Office, Terri. How terribly insensitive of you, to mock my new OFFICE! It’s all Blog Harbor can afford right now. Sure, it’s an easy target…but it’s my work home. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to find my staff. They’re out back…somewhere.

Tina, the hardest part of my day is gathering the staff for our morning meeting. Trying to assign research projects for future posts and Gabriel Theatre on the Air scripts or set up live remotes for Harrison Beillor appearances becomes difficult when you’re chasing them through the woods for hours.

I’m really trying to work on time management. 🙂

6. The boys are waiting for their rental deposit. Be advised that the Guinea Hens share a lease with you and they are quite concerned about the amount of traffic your business may bring. They are very sensitive creatures, but I am confident you will be able to peaceably co-exist.

dancingwithdaffodils, let me be clear with everyone who you’re speaking about. My office property owners simply go by the name… “The Boys.” It’s all a bit haunting, but so far the arrangement has worked.

And as an artist, I must point out I’m sensitive, too. However, me and the Guinea Hens are working at finding common ground. One of them has really grown on me. He brings fresh bagels every Monday — it’s a nice touch.

8. colin says:

Hey sweet office. How much traffic do you get? What are the bagels made of? Chicken seed?

Hmmm….lots of questions. Are you a reporter? What’s your angle and who do you write for? Star Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times, Boston Globe, Newsweek….WHO?

10. Ed Kohler says:

The savings on parking alone probably sealed the deal.

I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be insensitive. Forgive me?

Now how much do you have to pay the squirrels….er…. Security Guards?

Think of it this way. At least you have an office with a view.

Thank you for your renewed sensitivity. And….they’re Doormen. Not Security Guards.
    ….they’re also the PR, Marketing and Customer Service departments. And I pay ’em peanuts. Cutting corners where we can.

14. Gabriella says:

Mr. Toot Toot seems to me like you have the best of both worlds. You are embracing going green including trimming the fat. Nothing better than wearing multiple hats…yours is missing 🙂

Gabriella, I believe I may legally change my name to Mr. Toot Toot. I believe it’s a far more accurate representation of what I bring to the table as an artist, husband and father. 🙂

16. I dropped in at the office today…..

17. de-I says:

Guinea Hens? Aren’t they a prized dish in French cuisine? I’ve talked to you about your child labor propensity. Now I see that you are determined to run afoul (get it – run a fowl yuk, yuk) of the Minnesota Wildlife Department. I’m sure that you probably need a license for employing squirrels, robins or other wildlife in an office setting.

Robins are off limits. Squirrels, Chipmunks, Moose and Deer…I’ve got the appropriate permit. I’m still working on one for the Guinea Hens. It costs a little more to get, but it’s worth it. Guinea Hens are very versatile office performers.

19. de-I says:

Hmmmmm – I wonder if roadrunners would work out for my place?

20. colin says:

Star Tribune – you know that I work there. By the way I was talking with the guinea hens and
    they’re not happy. They want a new employer. They’re complaining they dont have enough
    time off. This has got to go in the paper.

21. Lance says:

CG, funny stuff, funny stuff.
    Finally checking out your website after day 8 of your program on WDAY 970am. Great job so far on that, you know I have been a fan of yours on WDAY 970am since all the way back to before day one when you did the “audition” for them.
    So that must be 9 days minimum…
    I’d like to stake my claim as you first fan in Fargo.
    Ha!
    Love you show!

22. Lance says:

Sorry, that should read “your first fan in Fargo.”
    Speelcheck is underrrated.

23. […] of you may recall the compelling video that outlined how Blog Harbor was forced to move from our gorgeous downtown Minneapolis offices […]